Subject: Re: [lojban] cvs query

From: "Chris Double" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 04:33:13 +0000

> I'm using wincvs. How can I add a new directory and files?

It's been a while since I've used WinCVS but I believe it goes
something like:

1) Create the directory in the place where you want it using whatever
means you normally use to create a directory in your OS. Have the
file(s) you want to add living in that directory. This directory should
live in the area where your CVS files currently live.

2) Select the directory in WinCVS and hit the '+' toolbar button. I
think that's what it looks like. The name is 'Add' or something like
that.

3) Select the file(s) you want to add and also hit the same button as
(2) above.

4) Do a 'commit'. This will send any changes you've made to the CVS
server, including new files you've added.

5) Use WinCVS as normal.

When you use the 'Add' functionality/'+' toolbar button, if it is a
'binary' file (ie. one you can't edit with a text editor) you need to
use another toolbar button. Make sure you use the correct one when you
first add the file.

I don't know how to do the email notification.

Hope that helps a little.

Chris.
-- 
http://www.double.co.nz/lojban
-- 
Chris Double
[email-masked]