Subject: Keys are our enemies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:04:52 EDT

As Lojbab has noted, the words that were assigned to gismu for the 
convenience of Logflash are often (outside that program) a genuine block as 
much as a help. But they are now a fixture of Lojban. To undercut their 
influence, once the actual place-structure of gismu are learned, Lojbab 
suggested that we point out a number of other Lojban words that fit the "key" 
as well or better. This will also extend the list of lujvo in interesting 
ways.

Herewith a few obvious cases -- for correction, expansion, and/or imitation 
and extention. Do join.

"utter" {traji} in modifier position (a bad homonym).

"banana" (slang) {xamseljibri} already exists

"sad" {se kecti}, {pindi} (with words like speciment, etc.)

"run" {sazri}, a classic. {to'espofu} (which seems backwards, 
semantically), {cmalyrirxe}, {pluta} and probably many more (said to be the 
most ambiguous word in English).

"bundle" {bakfygasnu} and/or {bakfyzbasnu}, {kufryjgari} (or some such -- a 
bit more than "hug")

"chalk" {bakrypilno}