Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: gi'uste bau la doitc

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:28:14 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2002 2:36:12 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> First of all it should be {doitc} - daitc is sounding pretty Yiddish ;-)
> bacru is "äußern" (utter), "äußerst" is "extreme(ly)"
>>
Corrected already but thanks.

<<
"mündlich macht Klang" is hardly a German phrase (maybe: "mit Stimme 
erzeugter Ton" - is it really that, just a sound/noise without meaning/
semantics?
Yes, it really is "make a noise with the mouth" (even that English is pretty 
bad -- no wonder the German doesn't work). I'm not sure that "a voice 
generated sound" is a lot better, but probably more Germanic. No semantics 
implied.

<<
badna Banane(!) Art/Gattung (like mentioned already by Pierre)

Yup! Typo (habits are hard to kill, even if haven't ever typed "banana" 
before, as far as I can tell) For the rest, I am unsure. It seems that some 
of the good old words of use here were ruined by the precontemporary 
political ideology, so "Rasse" is a no-no even for bananas (yet "Art" is all 
right, though as overworked in that period) but the principle of not using 
international words is still in full force (what happened to Ueber den 
Entwicklung der Spezies von Charles Darwin?). So, drop "Rasse" and add the 
other two (I like "Gattung" for breeds).

<<
First of all it should be {doitc} - daitc is sounding pretty Yiddish ;-)

Surely someone has already ponted out that {doitc} is not legal for names 
since it contains /doi/. {dyitc} maybe -- which sounds even more Yiddish to 
me.