Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: gi'uste bau la Daitc

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:29:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/2002 6:09:30 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> This looks as if it was translated by Babelfish zo'o.
> >>

Worse, by a human with about as much sense of the language anymore.

<<
bacru - - ba'u äußern x1 äußert/drückt mündlich aus/sagt/spricht [erzeugt
Laut] x2
I worry about both sagen and sprachen as implying meaningful content, but 
they may not.

<<
balji - - - Knolle x1 ist eine Knolle/Zwiebel [Körperteil] von Pflanze/Art
x2; [im übertragen Sinne: gerundet, ausgebeult]

Can Zweibel be used in this generic (or worse) sense, or does it always mean 
at least some sort of lily, if not Allium.

<<
[Is "Ereignis" a good translation for "event" in the lojban "nu" sense? I
think not, but I can't think of anything better. dict.leo.org has to offer
"Begebenheit, Ereignis, Geschehnis, Veranstaltung, Vorfall, Vorkommnis".]

Well, it seems to suggest that the event happens, which is not required for 
Lojban {nu}s, but it seems to be the normal expression. Most of the other 
choices seem to have the same implication, and Veranstaltung suggests a 
planned big deal, an Event. I'd stick with Ereignis.

So, do you want the job? Better, will you take it on and carry it through?