Subject: RE: [lojban] LogFest Phone Game results

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:54:24 +0100

charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Were these done on the fly, extempore, without benefit of wordlist lookup?
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 01 August 2002 07:06
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [lojban] LogFest Phone Game results

These are some of the written results of some of the phone game rounds
conducted at LogFest, as typed in by Nora. Participants are welcome to
comment. Others, enjoy!

(Note, in the debate over making Lojban the primary language of the LLG
annual meeting, Nora cited the phone game results as one reason why she felt
that she wasn't yet ready to take Annual meeting minutes in Lojban %^)

lojbab

***********************************************************************
Creatures four-legged and two play along the river.
loi danlu noi remei najo vomei tuple ke'a ku'o cu kelci vu'u lo rirxe
Animals with 2 or 4 legs play near the river.
loi danlu poi se tuple re da .e vo da cu kelci vi le rirxe
The animals which are both two-legged and four-legged play near the river.
Le danlu ne li reboi .e li voboi tuple cu kelci jibni le rirxe
**********************************************************************
You can't want what you don't see.
do na kakne djica le na kakne viska
You cannot want what you cannot see.
do na'e ka'e djica le nalselcatlu be do
You can't want yourself not to be looked at. (Ao-?!@%)
do na ka'e djica le nu do na se catlu
You can't want to not be seen.
**********************************************************************
There are two types of people: those who know how to end a sentence
lo re prenu girzu cu lei prenu poi ka'e jufra mulno
A couple is a pair of people who can finish one another's sentences.
loi speni remei cu remei loi prenu poi ro cmima be ke'a ka'e cusku le
fanmo be lo'e jufra pe le drata.
Married couples have nothing left to say to each other.
lo speni remai na djuno da poi simxu cnino te tavla
**********************************************************************
Politicians, like poor relatives, are only seen when they need help.
loi turni ne pa'a loi to'enricfu ckini cu se viska ca loi nu vo'a sidju
nitcu kei po'o
Rulers like the poor's relatives are seen only when they need to help.
.ei se sidju le turni simlu le pindi ckini
One should be helped by the apparent rulers to achieve the poor relations.
da se sidju .ei le krici raitru leka xlali ckini
There is something that's helped by the believer king in the black
related-thing.

--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.