Subject: Re: [lojban] LogFest Phone Game results

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:40:37 +0200

I feel like making a couple of comments on this, so here goes

***********************************************************************
> Creatures four-legged and two play along the river.
> loi danlu noi remei najo vomei tuple ke'a ku'o cu kelci vu'u lo rirxe

in my ma'oste, {vu'u} is "minus" along is {mo'ire'o}. How did the next
participant have the faintest idea what was going on? (Apart from taking pot
luck among the two or three *likely* possibilities?). Oh yeah, nice
"the"->"lo"->"the".

> Animals with 2 or 4 legs play near the river.\
> loi danlu poi se tuple re da .e vo da cu kelci vi le rirxe
> The animals which are both two-legged and four-legged play near the river.

Is the {.e} correct? or should it have been a mass connective like {jo'u}?

> Le danlu ne li reboi .e li voboi tuple cu kelci jibni le rirxe
>

I don't think this works either semantically or syntaxically

**********************************************************************
> You can't want what you don't see.
> do na kakne djica le na kakne viska

{le na'e kakne se viska}

> You cannot want what you cannot see.
> do na'e ka'e djica le nalselcatlu be do

how does na'eka'e differ from na ka'e?

> You can't want yourself not to be looked at.
> do na ka'e djica le nu do na se catlu
> You can't want to not be seen.
> **********************************************************************
> There are two types of people: those who know how to end a sentence
> lo re prenu girzu cu lei prenu poi ka'e jufra mulno

beautiful use of inner quantifiers with lo, but a {ro} should be added
outside? Does cu followed by a gadri mean that it was cu co'e with co'e
elided?? Otherwise {du}. There should be some cute solution involving sets
of masses and a proper selbri, but I can't work it out.

mu'o mi'e greg.