Subject: Official projects (was: Re: [lojban] pedagogy and lojban)

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:53:03 +0200

> >To lojbab : you said you were making this project officially supported.
What
> >exactly?
>
> I am leaving it up to the people who choose to work on it to define their
> own task and pick a leader who will be responsible for giving the LLG
Board
> a report every few months. The idea of official projects is NOT that I
or
> the Board is going to tell people what to do, but rather that we will
> officially acknowledge that people are doing things, provide web space,
and
> support people being able to contact and volunteer to help out.
>
> If I or someone on the Board has an idea for a project, we may call for
> volunteers, and we may make suggestions on how to go about it, but this
> remains a volunteer effort, and the last thing I intend to do is be even
> the slightest bit dictatorial about how volunteers spend their time (that
> being one of the gripes that came between JCB and me in the old Loglan
days).

Thanks for not complaining "this was why I was hesitant in making things
people were doing 'official supported projects'".

You seemed to think it was a really good idea, so I thought you might have
something more specific in mind than "yeah, I agree, some proper
educational, *teaching* material would be cool".

Would this definition of an official project seem OK?

"This is something so cool, it really wants finishing! Could someone
coordinate all the efforts of this project and keep LLG up to date on how
far you've got. Try to make everything you do available to the public so
that if you get tired of doing it, someone can pick up where you left off,
instead of starting all over from scratch. If you get tired of doing, spend
you last few hours of it making it accessible to whoever picks up the baton,
and tell LLG that you're not doing it for the anticipated future"

mu'omi'e greg