Subject: NOT "Robert's Rules of Order"

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:49:15 -0400

I just noticed something that should have been clarified in the LogFest 
report. For those working on the effort to prepare us for LLG annual 
meetings in Lojban, Robert's Rules of Order is not the correct standard to 
be translated. The last bylaw change, passed in 1996 was:
MOVED: To amend the bylaws (article 3 section 8) by striking out "Roberts' 
Rules of Order" and substituting "Standard Parliamentary Code 3rd edition" 
- PASSED.

I have no idea what the differences are, or where to get a copy of either 
for that matter - Cowan was the one who proposed the change, and we all 
deferred to his superior knowledge as the unofficial parliamentarian of the 
meetings. Since Cowan now presides over most of the meeting, we no longer 
operate under "lojbab's Rules of Disorder" either.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org