Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: non-core translations

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:21:43 +0000

la adam cusku di'e

>In fact, how you describe the situation, all that is
>really baselined is the list of actual gismu with their general
>meaning as set by the keyword. Everything else could theoretically be
>open to debate and change if a consensus is reached. I was under the
>impression that the whole list was baselined and would be considered
>the defining document for the dictionary.

Good. That means that {xruti} can still be fixed, since it was
agreed at one point to remove the agent place but it was never
done. I think in Spanish I translated it as non-agentive.

>(the additional clarifications have not yet been
>translated into Spanish, for example, though perhaps they didn't
>exist when that translation was made)

I think they did already exist, but there was enough in
them I disagreed with that I couldn't bring myself to tranlate
them. Also many of the comments only apply to English. Probably
each language should have its own set of comments in that section.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com