Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: non-core translations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:21:03 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/2002 7:30:22 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> and the end of the freeze period is coming up
>>
Did I miss something? The freeze period ends five years after the last 
determinative book is published. We have one down, one being or two roughed 
out, one being talked about and several not even in discussion (indeed, 
barely described). This does not sound like "coming up" except in the 
general sense: the end of the world is coming up, when the sun super-novas. 
(Hyperbole)

<<

The point I want to make -- and this is very relevant to people
creating dictionaries in non-English languages -- is that the place
structures tell you more about the meaning of the gismu than the
keyword. Please look at the place structure!

> When translating, for example, the most important thing is to get
> a keyword for the gismu, ....

No! Please don't! Please look at and translate the place structures.
Ignore the keywords.

Amen.