Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: non-core translations

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:38:53 -0400

At 12:29 AM 8/7/02 +0000, Robert J. Chassell wrote:
>and the end of the freeze period is coming up.

My position is that the freeze continues until 5 years *after the three 
books have been published* (refgrammar, dictionary, and textbook), and that 
furthermore an end of the freeze will require the capability to discuss all 
change proposals only using Lojban. So it is nowhere near coming up.

>The point I want to make -- and this is very relevant to people
>creating dictionaries in non-English languages -- is that the place
>structures tell you more about the meaning of the gismu than the
>keyword. Please look at the place structure!

Yes.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org