Subject: Re: [lojban] x3 of dasni

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:45:58 +0000

la pycyn cusku di'e

> > And how would be "He wears a blanket on his shoulders" then?
>
>Good question! {ko'a dasni le boxfo vi/gu'a le birka janco} do not feel
>right.

That's because it would have the sense of "He wears a blanket
on the mountain". Spatial tenses give the location of the event,
in this case the event of wearing.

>Maybe {ko'a birka janco dasni le boxfo} (maybe {lo} depending how the 
>story
>goes on.)

That would work, but someone can always ask you to expand the tanru
and explain what you mean.

la evgenis cusku di'e

>how about:
> ko'a dasni le boxfo le janco taxfu
>or
> ko'a dasni le boxfo le janco gacri

I think those work, but using {lo'e} instead of {le} in x3.
Even {lo'e janco cpana}.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com