Subject: Re: Who wrote the Gismu Thesaurus (was: Gismu Thesaurus)

From: "sklyanin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 16:58:36 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., Invent Yourself <xod@t...> wrote:
> It was actually composed by Evgenii Sklyanin. I'm only hosting it.
> 
> 
> 
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> 
> > On Thursday 08 August 2002 15:43, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > > http://www.thestonecutters.net/xod/lojban/gismu-thesaurus.html
> > >
> > > Don't click on the gismu links.
> >
> > do klepu'i lo'e sobde le gurni klesi .iku'i ro sobde cu dembi 
gi'enai gurni
> > mu'omi'e pier.

Yes, the thesaurus is mine and I am responsible for all the
incongruities therein. The categorization has been done few years
ago in some haste and certainly needs to be amended.
I am collecting a list of corrections and plan to publish a revised 
version after I finish my Russian translation of gi'uste (in a couple
of months).

Meanwhile, I am open to further criticism. Please send me your
suggestions.

Concerning soya {sobde}, I plead guilty but beg to consider
as a mitigating circumstance the fact that it is explicitely called 
"grain" in the gi'uste:

sobde: x1 is a quantity of soya [grain/bean] of species/strain x2

Isn't it possible to refer to any eatable seed as "grain"?
If not, one can put {sobde} into vegetables category
(I am reluctant to create a special category just for one word).

mi'e .evgenis.