Subject: Re: [lojban] x3 of dasni

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 19:06:47 +0000

la djan cusku di'e

>Perhaps dasni3 ought to be a set; the gismu list calls it a "type", and 
>types
>are sets of tokens (or values). So:
>
>	ko'a dasni le boxfo lo'i kosta
>
>meaning that he1 wears the (specific) blanket as if it belonged to the
>set of coats.

That does make sense. Either "x1 wears x2 as if it were an instance
of type x3", in which case I would use {lo'e} for the type, or
"x1 wears x2 as if it were a member of set x3". The current wording
suggests the former, but the latter would have the same meaning.

> > Yes, I go with the event too. I thought that the place where an
> > event took place had to contain all the participants of the event.
>
>I agree, although that makes place hard to set for some
>predicates, like "zmadu". If I say that the Andromeda Galaxy is
>more massive than the Milky Way Galaxy, where does the event occur?

I would say any place that contains both galaxies.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com