Subject: Re: [lojban] space tenses

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:48:15 +0000

la pycyn cusku di'e

>Well, part of the problem is that, if we are going to keep calling them
>tenses, we do have only vectors and axes to work with.

I think only PUs can strictly be called tenses. I had some trouble
translating "spatial tense" into Spanish, because both "tense" and
"time" are the same word ("tiempo"), and "spatial time" can only
create confusion.

>I take it that {za'e lo mentu be li mu} is your cobbled together way of
>dealing with that problem (but shouldn't it be {xa'e} to at least pretend 
>to
>be legal Lojban).

{za'e lo mentu be li mu} is legal Lojban. It is not even a problem
in your extended axis version: lo mentu be li mu is the fat axis
in which the main event takes place. {za'e} says that the event
takes a medium amount of time. The sumti simply makes that medium
amount of time more precise.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com