Subject: Re: [lojban] .uanai ne'i le velcli

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:10:50 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/2002 5:47:46 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
By you don't have the property of being a meaning of y. I suppose it is 
> something like {ka jimpe fi le smuni be ko'e} (and whatever happened to {le 

> du'u ce'u}?).

> Was that english? 

Well, it was before it went through my typing hands (I find "by" for "but" in 
my notes as far back as high school -- I've no idea why). 

<<
I'm not entirely sure what it is you're complaining
about here... but certainly he's meant things, and thus can be
correct in the meaning of what he meant, if you take my meaning...

He probably is a sign of some sort and so has a meaning, but that is not the 
property he was correct in, but rather in the property of opinning what the 
meaning of something else is. And in the sense you seem to be using "he 
meant things," {smuni} is the wrong word (probably something with {snuti} and 
{se} and {to'e} however those can be worked together)

<
do djuno ledu'u
> dakau poi do tavla ke'a ku'o pendo do
>

dakau, (as suggested by CLL when putting kau after la CMENE) is
like indirect questions using "which" in english:
mi djuno ledu'u da broda == I know X(es) is/are a broda
mi djuno ledu'u dakau broda == I know which X is/are a broda
Hmm -- a usage that has garnered a fair amount of criticism, though looking 
better at the moment. However, what the above now says is "which of the 
things you talked about are friends of yours," still not "which of your 
friends you are talking about." Maybe {dakau poi pendo do cu te tavla fi 
do}. Or, to correct my goof, {makau te tavla pendo}.