Subject: Re: [lojban] I like chocolate

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:47:11 +0000

la filip cusku di'e

>Since the base meaning (for me) is "I like
>eating chocolate" (that is, I like not chocolate as an abstract, but what
>gives me pleasure is eating it), I propose
>
> {mi nelci lezu'o citka loi cakla}
>
>Suggestions, corrections?

The article {le} indicates that you liked one particular
occasion (or each of the particular occasions you have in
mind) of eating chocolate. To say that you like eating
chocolate generically, I would suggest {lo'e} instead of
{le}. (Nobody pays much attention to this though, we often
use {le nu} to refer to generic events rather than particular
ones.) Also you can say {mi nelci lo'e cakla} directly.

As for {citka loi cakla} vs {citka lo cakla}, I don't see
much difference. Some quantity of chocolate, or several
quantities taken together. I suppose that you like it so much
that you prefer to eat several quantities at once?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com