Subject: kinko's for level-0 book

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:35:22 -0600

So, I went to Nick's site, downloaded the RTF of the level-0
brochure/book whatever. Pulled it up in Microsoft Word 2000, and
twiddled it. (I removed the stub index, the reference to the index in
the TOC, and took the contents from the pages marking the start of
parts and stuffed them on to the following page, so as to conserve
about 3 sheets.) Little stuff. Then, using Adobe PDFWriter (which
pretends to be a standard Windows printer, it just writes to a PDF
file) I printed the document to the PDF, but I forgot to have it embed
all the fonts. (Thus Andale Mono was left out. It already knew to
include the other fonts used. I only noticed it was left out when I
got home and pulled up the PDF.) I took the PDF on a disk to Kinko's,
told them to print it comb bound, double sided. It cost me $12.05,
(including colorado taxes), and is a correct printing of the PDF I
gave them. The comb binding is done just as well as you can expect
comb binding to be done.

It is hypothetically possible to get volume discounts from Kinko's,
but I didn't remember to inquire as to what volume would be needed.

I'll be happy to provide a (corrected, with Andale Mono) version of
the PDF I gave to Kinko's to anyone interested.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
The grass is always greener,
On the other side of the dimensional barrier.