Subject: Re: [lojban] kinko's for level-0 book

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:15:51 -0400

At 07:35 PM 8/20/02 -0600, Jay F Kominek wrote:
>So, I went to Nick's site, downloaded the RTF of the level-0
>brochure/book whatever. Pulled it up in Microsoft Word 2000, and
>twiddled it. (I removed the stub index, the reference to the index in
>the TOC, and took the contents from the pages marking the start of
>parts and stuffed them on to the following page, so as to conserve
>about 3 sheets.) Little stuff. Then, using Adobe PDFWriter (which
>pretends to be a standard Windows printer, it just writes to a PDF
>file) I printed the document to the PDF, but I forgot to have it embed
>all the fonts. (Thus Andale Mono was left out. It already knew to
>include the other fonts used. I only noticed it was left out when I
>got home and pulled up the PDF.) I took the PDF on a disk to Kinko's,
>told them to print it comb bound, double sided. It cost me $12.05,
>(including colorado taxes), and is a correct printing of the PDF I
>gave them. The comb binding is done just as well as you can expect
>comb binding to be done.
>
>It is hypothetically possible to get volume discounts from Kinko's,
>but I didn't remember to inquire as to what volume would be needed.
>
>I'll be happy to provide a (corrected, with Andale Mono) version of
>the PDF I gave to Kinko's to anyone interested.

The price quote I had from Sheridan books was something like $1500 for 1000 
copies. I have the numbers upstairs for 500, but probably 2/3 of that or 
$2-3/copy. We'd save money to order in bulk, except that we don't likely 
need that many in the next couple of years and we need the money for 
publishing the lesson book.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org