Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: I like chocolate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:30:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/2002 6:24:47 PM Central Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
writes:

<<
> As far as I understand xorxean point, he uses {lo'e} as an intensional
> article. I agree that we need such thing, but I'm not sure {lo'e} does
> the job.
>>
Well, I am not sure what an intensional article is; I suppose an article used 
to make a reference to an intensional object out of a bridi or bridi tail 
(suitably modified if need be). This, of course, leaves open *which* 
intension object it is: proposition, property, event,.... What, in short, is 
lo'e cakla? (I have a problem with what an intensional bit of chocolate 
would be.)
On the rare occasions when xorxes has deigned to say something about these 
critters clear enough to give a glimmer of what he means, the glimmer has 
always shown what looks to be a perfectly ordinary intensional context ({nu, 
du'u, ...}) usually with unmarked subject raising. Now, I'm not sure that is 
what it is or that it will always give that view, but until we get a pretty 
clear statement from xorxes, I'm sticky with the history.