Subject: Re: [lojban] I like chocolate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:03:11 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/2002 1:39:15 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> pe'i le ralju be lo'i selstidi zo'u lu mi nelci le li'i mi citka lo/loi
> cakla li'u
>>

Yeah, grammar aside, I agree that it is an important suggestion, maybe even a 
right one. We probably need to do more with {li'i}, since it is often not 
the event but our subjective participation in it that we deal with (see the 
stuff about remembering around here somewhere).

<<
.i pamai le selfri poi na cuntu do cu smuni tu'a zo zu'o
The activity abstractor marks events that are cyclic (repetition of similar 
events indefinitely), that go on for a time but do not take time, and [damn, 
I can't remember the other bit]. I don't see how the experienced event that 
is none of you business is a meaning for it. I suppose you mean the internal, 
personal, subjective experience of the event, but am not sure about even 
that, nor of a better way to say it (except it seems to require {lifri}).

<<
.i remai lo broda zo'u dunli lu lo broda li'u lu loi broda li'u le ka
smuni ce'u .i lo cakla po'onai cu broda
Yes, the two expressions are equally meaningful, though they don't mean the 
same thing (though what that has to do with some broda, I am not sure). And, 
yes, this is true of other things than chocolate.

<<
.i romai .o'unai frili jimpe fi le do jufra
I am not sure why this is stressful, it sems pretty non-threatening. I 
assume that what is easy to understand about the sentence is what it means -- 
and maybe how it is put together?

<<
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that act
of terrorism. Why would that event change the situation?
-- Howard Zinn
Presumably by providing a cover that those who wanted to attack Iraq already 
(and save Daddy's reputation) could use as justification -- if played right. 
So far it seems to have had mixed results, but this is an election year.