Subject: Re: [lojban] The missing cmavo?!?

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:48:11 -0400

At 03:49 PM 8/21/02 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>There is a cmavo missing from the official list (and I did a search on
>*every* version I could find):
>
>``-va'e'' creates a scale selbri. The place structure is:
>x1 is at scale position (n) on the scale x2
>
>That's from the online version of the book, Section 18.11

I've verified that this is indeed an omission, though I can't for the life 
of me it being discussed.

http://balance.wiw.org/~jkominek/lojban/9608/msg00036.html
has Cowan announcing it being assigned, and is actually the only message in 
the archive that refers to it.
http://balance.wiw.org/~jkominek/lojban/9608/msg00008.html
and some preceding messages in a discussion of fuzzy logic show why it was 
assigned, before Cowan actyually assigned it to va'e.

I'll update my master per the text in Cowan's message cited (please bug me 
in a week to confirm that it is done). Please do the same on the official 
site versions, and change the modification date. I will send you my 
official copies when I've actually done it so that you can verify that we 
have the same thing.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org