Subject: Re: [lojban] volunteers wanted

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:55:41 +0200

Jay F Kominek wrote:
> 
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 05:00:19PM -0400, Bob 
> LeChevalier-Logical Language Group wrote:
> > I have gotten a set of minilesson answers from a potential 
> > new lojbanist, reminding me that we have yet to produce an
> > answer key. I suggest that some people get together to build
> > one on the wiki.
> 
> Looks like someone made quick work of it:
> 
> http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?minilesson%20answer%20key

That would be I (mostly). Finally something within my capabilities :).
Please check for correct grammar, and feel free to add comments (since what
was promised was a commented answer key). Suggestions for correct answers to
11.r ("Lana" in Lojban) are also welcome; I'm not sure which is best.

Note, however, that the exercises come from a *mini*lesson, and not all
things were taught at that point. Specifically, no observatives were taught
(so no eliding {zo'e} before a selbri), one-syllable words are said never to
be stressed, and the rule for illegal sounds in cmene was simplified to "no
{la} or {doi}".

The minilesson may possible need to be changed to include the qualification
"...except after a consonant", which is in [at least the HTML version of]
CLL; this affects a couple of the answers e.g. "What is 'Carla' in Lojban?"
and "Is {konendoil} a legal cmene?". There's also an error in the Exercises,
since the sample question {le sutra tavla} has as sample answer "the fast
shoe".

(I don't know whether the "words of one syllable are never stressed" should
be left out. Not stressing cmavo is never wrong, as far as I know, but the
rule as stated is overly strict and not the official rule.)

(Also, I'm not sure whether Exercise 15 has any "correct" answers, since
they are yes-or-no questions. I just made some plausible -- to me -- answers
up.)

mu'omi'e filip.
[email copies appreciated, since I read the digest]
{ko fukpi mrilu .i'o fi mi ki'u le du'u mi te mrilu loi notseljmaji}
-- 
filip.niutyn. <[email-masked]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.