Subject: mlana

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:13:51 +0000

In translating the gi'uste into Esperanto, I'm not quite
sure what to do with this:

mlana mla side 'lateral'
x1 is to the side of/lateral to x2 and facing x3 from point of
view/in-frame-of-reference x4
(cf. crane, trixe, pritu, zunle which differ in that the direction
of facing is the front and not the lateral side. The x4 of mlana
may be either the front, or back side of x2, korbi)

x3 is the direction in which x1 faces, correct? It has nothing to
do with x2. And x4 is what corresponds to x3 of crane, trixe,
pritu, zunle, i.e. the direction in which x2 faces (which has
nothing to do with x1).

So how do I interpret this: "which differ in that the direction
of facing is the front and not the lateral side"?? In which case
is there a facing of a lateral side of what?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com