Subject: Re: [lojban] JL & LK

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:47:18 -0600

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 09:44:14AM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 03:12:27AM -0600, Jay F Kominek wrote:
> > The goal would be to target print for people without Internet access.
> > People with computers and Internet access would have far better ways
> > of getting information than to read monthly/quarterly/decadely
> > publications, so providing a variety of formats and such wouldn't be
> > useful.
> 
> I don't think that's reasonable. Many people don't read lojbanic stuff
> every day, and would like to read a dense, infrequent sort of
> information as this.

I don't think it would be excessive to expect such people to view the
PDF. Free software is available for a variety of platforms. The only
requirement is a windowing system of some sort. And personally I'd
prefer that if I'm laying the thing out, that my layout (== my work)
be preserved.

> OTOH, we could always *refuse* to make it available to people who
> haven't paid for it. 8)

Not losing money on something? How heretical of you.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
The grass is always greener,
On the other side of the dimensional barrier.