Subject: Re: [lojban] Again/next?

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:30:21 +0000

la camgusmis cusku di'e

>I just realized I have no idea how to say 'again' as in "I'll read that
>again." or 'next' as in "The next time I'll do better." without using
>brivla.

{za'ure'u} can be used for "again", but "next time" is different.
I would say {ca le krefu} for "next time".

Let's say we use {snada} for "do well". Then {sadmau} for "do
better than someone else", and {sadze'a} for plain "do better".

ca le krefu mi ba sadze'a
The next time I'll do better.

mi ba za'ure'u sadze'a
I'll do better once again.

The latter means that I did better this time, and I will
again do better in the future. This one would make more
sense with {sadmau}:

mi ba za'ure'u sadmau [ko'a]
I'll do better [than him] again.

To get the "next time" meaning we can't use {za'ure'u} because
it is not the current bridi (doing better) that will be repeated,
but rather a previously mentioned or understood action (whatever
it is that I did, which I _didn't_ do better). I'm not sure that
can be done without a brivla.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx