Subject: Re: [lojban] Again/next?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:36:37 -0700

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 10:30:21PM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> la camgusmis cusku di'e
> >
> >I just realized I have no idea how to say 'again' as in "I'll read
> >that again." or 'next' as in "The next time I'll do better." without
> >using brivla.
> 
> To get the "next time" meaning we can't use {za'ure'u} because it is
> not the current bridi (doing better) that will be repeated, but rather
> a previously mentioned or understood action (whatever it is that I
> did, which I _didn't_ do better). I'm not sure that can be done
> without a brivla.

Well, given a hypothetical member of PA that meant 'more than the
current amount by N, defaults to 1', call it xa'u, we could do xa'uru'e,
could we not?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/