Subject: Re: [lojban] Again/next?

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:29:28 -0500

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 12:10:46AM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> la djorden cusku di'e
> 
> >What do you think of using something like "bavla'i" in a tanru?
> >
> >	mi bavla'i tcidu ti
> >	I'll future-adjacent read this
> >	I'll read this next time;
> 
> I don't know, {ca le krefu} much more precise in that it
> clearly indicates that it is about a time. Maybe {ca le bavla'i}
> for clarity. Is "next time" really adjacent to "this time"?

Next something is adjacent (in sequence). The construct "next time"
(in english at least) usually leaves out the description of
circumstances, as in "next time I go shopping". This was just an
idea that came out on IRC while discussing this. (It came from
bavlamdei in the lujvo list). I think bavli makes it pretty clear
we're talking about time already, no ca is neccesary, but it would
certainly be another way to phrase things for variety.

Personally I think "ca le krefu" works perfectly also, but using
bavla'i in a tanru may be another approach which saves 1-2 syllables
(depending on if you need to terminate the "ca le krefu").

-- 
Jordan DeLong
[email-masked]