Subject: Re: [lojban] x1 dag min x2

From: Adam Raizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:13:58 +0200

la pier. cusku di'e

> I just put a Hebrew definition of {finpe} on jbovlaste (calling it
Arabic and
> mangling the Arabic home page in the process) as a test of bidi on
Konqueror
> (it failed - I can enter Russian with no problem and Georgian by
copy-paste,
> but Hebrew gets reversed every other time). But I don't know the
correct
> translation for "x1 is a fish of type x2". What is it?

Hebrew is now one of the languages you can translate into. By default,
the page seems to be set to left-to-right, and so the english parts of
the definition get mangled. I can manually set the page to be
right-to-left on internet explorer, and then the definition is
displayed correctly. I practiced on 'cinfo'. 'min' מין is 'species'
(and 'sex'), 'sug' סוג is 'type' and 'genus', and 'zan' זן is
'strain'.

mu'o mi'e .adam.