Subject: Re: [lojban] termsets

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:35:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Jorge Llambias wrote:

> A gives {B to C} and {D to F}.
> abu dunda nu'ige by boi cy gi dy boi fy
>
> Each term in a termset fills a different place.

I'm not sure how this logic fits with using termsets to specify precise
magnitudes with sumtcita tenses. There is, after all, only one place
there: the place opened by the sumtcita. Using termsets then seems like
wrapping one sumti (term) inside another.

> Does the fact that not even John Cowan can get this straight
> prove that termsets are unusable and should be avoided?

Is there another way to achieve explicit magnitudes?

-- 
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that
act of terrorism. Why would that event change the situation?
-- Howard Zinn