Subject: Re: [lojban] another "simple" translation

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:02:38 +0200

G. Dyke wrote:
> **Does anyone know why this lame braindead thing sometimes 
> refuses to indent stuff with _>_?

Are you using MS Outlook Express? I believe it has a bug which causes it not
to quote messages with '>' if the original message was sent with
quoted-printable content-transfer-encoding.

(In fact, some silly people purposely post messages to Usenet with
quoted-printable -- though 8bit is much more common -- solely to annoy MSOE
users whose quoting will look even worse than normal.)

Well, do what I do (or used to do) -- do the > quoting yourself. I use
Outlook at work and I find that it doesn't give me any indication where
it'll break a line so that overlong lines end up as alternating long and
short lines, which is ugly. So I reformat messages I'm quoting to be shorter
than that. (Using a guess for where the program will not break the line
wrongly.)

Cheers,
Philip