Subject: word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:21:13 -0400 (EDT)

>>From http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?ralcku

1. maldzena reservations about the virtuality of a cukta can be
overcome by considering the modern meaning of the term "document", and
considering a cukta as a collection of documents.

2. The gismu definition does not refer to the cohesiveness often
considered necessary for "books".

3. Is a "single website" a cukta? Can a cukta be in hypertext form and
retain its status as a single cukta? Is a Wiki any sort of cukta? Beware
of importing the malglico semantics of "book"!

4. Different websites are often linked together, associatively and with
the cohesion of meaning.

5. The linking of different hypertext documents follows the same
behavior as linking to other locations in the same file, or other files
written by the same author and residing on the same server. Whereas there
is a conceptual difference between flipping a page in a book, and closing
its cover and opening a different book, there is no conceptual distinction
between following a link to a different location in the same file, and
visiting a different "website".

6. Therefore the semantic distinction between different "websites" is
not always conceptually clear. Hyperlinked documents can be considered the
same document, albeit not the same file. Authorship is the only difference
between a single work, and a compiled, annotated work. However, a cukta
can have multiple authors, and be created over time.

-- 
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that
act of terrorism. Why would that event change the situation?
-- Howard Zinn