Subject: Re: word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:31:33 -0700

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 01:21:13PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> >From http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?ralcku
> 
> 
> 1. maldzena reservations about the virtuality of a cukta can be
> overcome by considering the modern meaning of the term "document",
> and considering a cukta as a collection of documents.
> 
> 2. The gismu definition does not refer to the cohesiveness often
> considered necessary for "books".

Even granting these, and the rest of the stuff on that page, ralcku is a
crappy lujvo for the web because it's just not specific enough. 

ralcku could be a library. 

Almost a third of the world would probably assume that ralcku was the
Bible (that's the most important book, right?).

Another quarter would assume it was the Koran.

I mean, *come* *on*. It means 'most important book'. Not only is that
ridiculously ambigous *now*, it's pretty much guarnteed to become
obsoleted over time.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/