Subject: Re: word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:29:59 -0700

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 01:21:13PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> >From http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?ralcku
> 
> 
> 1. maldzena reservations about the virtuality of a cukta can be
> overcome by considering the modern meaning of the term "document", and
> considering a cukta as a collection of documents.
> 
> 2. The gismu definition does not refer to the cohesiveness often
> considered necessary for "books".
> 
> 3. Is a "single website" a cukta? Can a cukta be in hypertext form and
> retain its status as a single cukta? Is a Wiki any sort of cukta? Beware
> of importing the malglico semantics of "book"!

Since you decided that my other response was too flamy, here's the part
I actually wanted a response to:

The whole *point* of lujvo, unless I'm missing something, is that
someone should be able to dissect them and figure out what you mean.

I will bet you *any* *amount* *of* *money* (and I mean that) that if you
ask 20 random non-lojbanists that you haven't discussed any of this
stuff with what 'principal (as in most important) book' means, with no
other information, that no more than 1 or 2 will guess the web.

Seriously. Any amount of money you like. I just got a check for a
stock disbursment. I'll give you 10 to 1 odds.

You can even show them the full definition of ralju and cukta, but you
can't give them any other information.

This seems like a reasonable sanity test for a lujvo, don't you think?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/