Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Archive location.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:35:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/2002 1:36:54 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> the www is a seltcana, while an individual page is a tcana.
>>
This is true, maybe with a modfier to cut down on the number of possibiities 
for what kind of network is involved. But this is generic, and we are 
(apparently) looking for a predicate that fits exactly the Web or the 
internet or only the two.

<<
Both are velsku
True again, but still not getting down to just the ones we are intrested in 
-- we still have radio and tv stations, telephones and newspapers for 
starters.

<<
for the jondatnymu'e people, it is {co linsi}, not {co jorne}, it contains
very little {datna be da bei de} and it is (the www, not the internet)
{munje be fi ji'inoda}
Well, I don't like the word much either, but that it is {linsi} rather than 
{jorne} is not obvious (nor is it that it is {jorne} neither). Since these 
all seem to be literalist lujvo (feh!), the "links" here are immaterial and 
so don't make up a chain -- and a chain is too incomplex to do justice to the 
the interconnectedness. As for {jorne}, there is no common locus -- things 
are connected but not united. Etc, etc, etc. As for the {datni} part, that 
depends on what you take as data and, taken generally, just about anything 
turns out to be data, even "raw data." And, of course, there are all sorts 
of rules that define the Web, starting with HTML (which is quite enough to 
start with).