Subject: Re: [lojban] word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:46:56 +0000

la zirbolc cusku di'e

>I'd like to point out that a "book" is a physical object.

We had a never-ending (and never ended) discussion about this
some years ago. If there are three copies of Le Petit Prince
and two copies of Alice in Wonderland on the table, how many
books are there on the table? How many cukta?

The x2 and x3 of cukta suggest that x1 is the work, because
subject and author concern the work, not the physical object.
The x4 suggests that x1 is the physical object, because the
medium concerns the physical object, not the work.
{cukta} is just one of those mish-mash predicates with
too many places that are probably beyond repair.

Is "Le Petit Prince" the title of a physical object,
or of a work of fiction? Is it the title of one cukta or
of many thousands of cukta?

As for the WWW, the one I'm starting to like is pc's {mledi}
coupled with {munje}, but only if we can find a third m-sumti
to make it jell. Maybe {le manci munje mledi}, shortened to MMM.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com