Subject: Re: [lojban] tunlo

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:30:18 +0000

la pycyn cusku di'e

>This was one of a set of "basic actions," in the philosophical "muscle
>twitch" sense, that were separated out to allow one predicate to cover a 
>wide
>range of "non-basic actions" (twitches with purposes and affecting things
>other than the body itself) by compounding. Whether the philosophy behind
>this was sound, we are stuck with several of these and they seem to work 
>OK.

The full list of basic actions seem to be: cisma, cmila, frumu,
senci, tunlo (smile, laugh, frown, sneeze, swallow). Can you
elaborate on the range that they can cover?

>On the other hand, we left several potential members of the set unreduced 
>and
>somehow manage to deal with all the cases anyhow.

What are all the cases?

>(see the "action" set in
>the 1-place predicates in the partially organized lists).
>We can, after all, swallow without swallowing anything, even spit -- and
>{zi'o} is more suspect than compounds.

I wish this principle had been applied more often.

In the case of {tunlo}, putting a sumti in a non existent
place is like adding a place with {do'e}. I don't think
it would be hard to interpret what {le sincrboa ba'o tunlo
le xanto} means, would it?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com