Subject: Re: Translations

From: Bob LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:51:40 -0400

At 06:12 PM 9/10/02 -0400, Craig wrote:
>Personally, I also think the estate of Philip K. Dick would be likely to
>give us translation rights to a story or two - Lojban seems to me like the
>sort of thing Dick would be interested in if he had heard of it before his
>death. It's a lot more interesting than almost anything in the public
>domain.

I am pretty certain that we can get permission from David Brin to translate 
almost anything of his into Lojban, though he would retain copyright, since 
he has been very interested in Lojban for years. For most of the modern 
books that we might get permission for, we probably could not put English 
text up in a public-accessible place, but everyone would have to work from 
store copies, or perhaps a limited-to-translators file.

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org