Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Translations

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:02:16 -0600

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:51:40PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
> At 06:12 PM 9/10/02 -0400, Craig wrote:
> >Personally, I also think the estate of Philip K. Dick would be likely to
> >give us translation rights to a story or two - Lojban seems to me like the
> >sort of thing Dick would be interested in if he had heard of it before his
> >death. It's a lot more interesting than almost anything in the public
> >domain.
> 
> I am pretty certain that we can get permission from David Brin to translate 
> almost anything of his into Lojban, though he would retain copyright, since 
> he has been very interested in Lojban for years.

I have Robin's corrections to my translation of Reality Check, if someone
would like to implement them. We could then let him know it was completed,
and that would be an awfully good time to ask him for permission to do
something else. Or he might just offer it on his own, as he did when Robin
mentioned to him that Toujour Voirs had been translated.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
A UNIX is anything which is subtly incompatible
with everything else claiming to be a UNIX.