Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 04:32:42 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/2002 5:07:47 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> lujvo are of use:
> 
> in poetry
> for a specific place structure (think gau, tai, rai etc)
> if they have already been put in a dictionary
> if you wish to do some sort of (me la .ueb cei le balcukta)
> 
> otherwise, lujvo are a waste of the braincells used to learn the rafsi
>>
But the only purpose of rafsi is to make lujvo, so this seems ciruclar. As 
noted before, the purpose of lujvo is to fill semantic space using only the 
very limited basic resources provided by the gismu. So, they are useful 
everywhere that we need to talk about something beyond the few thousand 
concepts the gismu provide. Hopefully, a place where most of us are or hope 
to be.