Subject: Texts request

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:36:55 +1000

As I've vaguely indicated on the wiki, I am considering including short 
reading texts in the lessons --- a short para for each, using the 
grammar learned up to that point (though not necessarily the vocab.) 
I'd like these to be found pieces. I already know I want the first to 
be one of Craig's UI poems --- not out of any great love for the genre 
:-) , but because it, uh, has little grammar. I also want to use this 
as an excuse to presage the chrestomathy: towards the end, I'd like to 
include excerpts from classics of yore like Ivan's Tale of the Stairs 
and Athelstan's Open Window.

If anyone has any ideas in this direction, could they please wiki them, 
and I'll come back to this in a fortnight?

http://www.opoudjis.net http://www.opoudjis.net
DR NICK NICHOLAS. LINGUISTICS, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.
Such a lack of true education is finally also attested for the common
administration of the time, both secular and religious; had they not
lost their brain, they would not have lost their kingdom three hundred
years hence. (Adamantios Korais on Byzantium, _Miscellanea_, 1828).