Subject: Re: [lojban] tunlo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:46:23 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/2002 6:57:04 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> The full list of basic actions seem to be: cisma, cmila, frumu,
> senci, tunlo (smile, laugh, frown, sneeze, swallow). Can you
> elaborate on the range that they can cover?
>>
And {bikla} "whip". The most of these are facial in a broad sense, but the 
original "philosophical" idea was much more about gross bodily movements, 
muscle contractions at various points in the voluntary sets -- more like 
{bikla} in fact, but harder in general to find good words for. "kick, blink, 
step (just lifting the foot, not the whole process), bend, straighten" are 
some relatively easy cases; harder ones are flexing a finger, raising a knee, 
and so on: the muscle components of all meaningful actions -- that is, the 
pieces deprived of meaning.

<<
What are all the cases?
I don't supppose there is a complete list; it is pretty open-ended. I don't 
remember what other cases were considered and rejected or what ignored or 
discovered too late. There were a few of the first sort and more of the 
later.