Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Le Petit Prince: Can we legally translate it?

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:48:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 02:38:36PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > It seems to me that the discursives and explicit logic of Lojban lend
> > it to the creation (or at least translation) of philosophical texts
> > better than the attempt to duplicate or maintain the rich,
> > culturally-laden colloquial vernaculars and real-world descriptions
> > found in novels.
>
> I think you're right. Now, which one should we start with?

I favor the work of the Logical Positivists, not because I know it to be
the simplest and therefore best for translation, but rather because I find
its relentless rigor refreshing. I've gotten the feeling that, had they
access to Lojban, they might have considered it a purer vehicle for their
discipline. However I am aware that I could be completely wrong on any of
these accounts.

-- 
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that
act of terrorism. Why would that event change the situation?
-- Howard Zinn