Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:25:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/2002 1:11:59 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> > On a parallel note, it's interesting that the people who were around
> > when the notion of lujvo was being developed have a quite different
> > understanding of the intent behind lujvo than those who came much
> > later in the game. Poor communication?
> 
> Has anyone besides PC who was around then spoken up on this point?
>> 
Is there anyone besides pc (lowercase, please) who was around then and still 
active?
Ah yes, Chassell -- who wisely stays out of this kind of dispute (and just 
about all others not involving software). 
The problem is partly poor communication, perhaps, but more (I think) a break 
in institutional continuity and a small but significant shift in the 
demographics of the community. There are, it seems, no longer any 
significant number of non-computer people around (I apologize to anyone that 
I have missed) and that has led to a more algorithmic approach to issues than 
the more humane sort that once was at least present, if not dominant. Most 
old lujvo were also literalist, but these were discarded when a telling 
metaphor came along -- as it fairly often did when the concept was useful 
enough.