Subject: Fwd: Help for making Lojban-related software

From: "Logical Language Group, Inc." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:48:28 -0400

I am forwarding this to the list for others to respond to. Jay please take 
note, and perhaps Jorge as well, as being the most competent to review 
anything in Spanish. Can those who contact him report back to me or the 
list on what they find? (Since he didn't include a URL, I have no more 
information than is in this message).

lojbab

>Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:42:33 -0500
>To: [email-masked]
>From: "Álvaro Vallejo" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Help for making Lojban-related software
>
>Dear sirs,
>
>I've been learning Lojban for several weeks and found a request to be 
>involved in the Lojban project in the booklet ".i la lojban mo" to assist 
>in spreading Lojban.
>
>I've begun to develop (program) an electronic lojban dictionary in the 
>form of a Windows application, which in short, includes a database, and a 
>lojban visual dictionary, using free clipart to illustrate some entries, a 
>flash-card like routine, and some other rutines to search not only terms 
>but words from english definitions, which could serve as a rudimentary 
>English -Lojban dictionary. Word lists are from public-domain Lojban word 
>lists so there are no copyright issues.
>
>If somebody finds it useful, this program could be published as Freeware 
>in any of the Lojban websites, but:
>
>1. I need somebody who can review the project and state its feasibility 
>and interest.
>2. I need volunteers to help me answering many lojban-related questions, 
>since my knowledge of language is still very, very basic (and honestly, 
>after having self-learned 5 foreign languages, I don´t think Lojban is an 
>easy one).
>3. I've designed menus and tooltips in Spanish, since I agree that 
>other-than-English Lojban learning materials are urgently needed, but 
>these could easily be translated into other languages, maybe one of you 
>could translate menus and tooltips into Lojban.
>
>
>Thanks for your time, and hope to hear from you,
>
>
>Álvaro Vallejo
>
>- Tu correo gratis, Web sin banners publicitarios y POP en Xasa.com
> http://www.xasa.com/mail/

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org