Subject: Re : [lojban] "boring"

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:10:19 +0200

la rizen poi a'o fraxu mi lenu mi reroi benji ti ri cu cusku di'e

{
> Theodore Reed wrote:
> > Why not just use .a'ucu'i? The refgramm glosses it as "no
> > interest".
>
> That sounds to me as if I'm simply not interested in something -- but
that,
> for me, is not the same as something that bores me, or that I find boring.
> "Not interested" seems more neutral an emotion to me (as befits {cu'i}),
or
> nearly lack of emotion.

To me, being bored isn't really an emotion. It's a state of not being
interested in what's currently happening.
}

No, being bored combines two (three) things :
- disinterest {a'ucu'i}
- (complaint) {oi}
- having to "actively do something" to avoid the situation {??}

for this last one, I thought of {e'i}, like when you're bored during a
lecture. You can also be bored through not finding anything interesting to
do... I can't find anything for that. {u'inai} also fits in, like pc said.
Various combinations of those (along with ru'e or ru'a if you're going out
with le'e blonde or listening to people talking about baseball) should give
you a large number of different emotions which we call boredom through lack
of the appropriate words ;-)

Greg

--
http://www.myepfl.ch/gregory.dyke

.i lo'e to'e makcu cu djica lenu tolcumla morsi kei lo telda'a
.i lo'e je'a makcu cu go'i to'ebo le se go'i