Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:07:39 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/2002 5:54:50 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> > Note that whereas "brode broda" has an infinitude
> > of possible meanings, "brode zei broda" has exactly one,
> determinate,
> > meaning.
> 
> Of course, but it isn't clear what the exactly one meaning is. Some
> seem to think that it is any meaning decided on (probably the most
> useful one). I think that that meaning should be the sum of the parts
> in the sense that the meaning of the lujvo should be the exact meaning
> of the disambiguated tanru that the lujvo is based one. Thus,
> everything is a xancutci if and only if it is a cutci lo xance, and
> xancutci is not allowed to have any meaning which is not provided by
> xance and cutci. In practice, I haven't had much trouble with concepts
> that cannot be expressed with the existing gismu.
>>
This assumes that we can always disambiguate a tanru and that any two 
right-thinking souls would do it the same way -- in context. Unlikely.

<<
Since there is only one possible interpretation for 'se broda', I
think that it's clear that 'selbroda' has the same meaning.
If true, then, as noted elsewhere, {se broda} is not a tanru and so 
{selbroda} is not a lujvo.