Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: word for "www" (was: Archive location.)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:07:36 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/2002 4:13:13 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> I like lujvo that are exactly the
> sum of their parts, and so far I have had relatively good luck with
> them. (i.e. if I think long enough I can generally come up with a good
> literalistic lujvo whose intended meaning is exactly the sum of its
> parts.)
>>
I suspect that this is trivially true: once you find an expression you like, 
you can then interpret the words involved and the way they are put together 
to exactly what you had in mind. Whether anyone else will unpack it the same 
way depends a lot on where their head is. Every lujbvo begins wirth a 
selection from the meanings of the underlying tanru and there are no rules 
(not even dikyjvo -- a case in point) for how this selection is to be made. 
One may be "obvious" in the context -- but obviosity is in the eye of the 
beholder.