Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: I like chocolate

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:11:24 +0000

la and cusku di'e

>Let me change the example:
>
>"Humans give birth to live young."
>
>The intended meaning is that this is part of what it is to be
>human; it is an ingredient of humanness.

I think maybe:

lo'e remna cu se jinzi le ka lo'e jmive panzi
cu jbena ce'u zi'o zi'o

As opposed to:

lo'e remna cu se jbena lo'e jmive panzi zi'o zi'o

which describes what happens without saying that this is part
of what it takes to be human.

> > le friko po'o cu se xabju loi cinfo
>
>Not the meaning I was trying to get. I'll just comment (i) that I
>dislike using {po'o} for "only",

The alternatives are all too cumbersome...

>and (ii) that I think you example
>should be {le friko ku po'o}.

Yes, you're right.

>But can it be expanded using a locution involving {tu'o
>du'u ce'u broda}?

Using that and not using {lo'e} or {zu'i} with the related
meaning, I don't think it can.

> > I'm sure there were others, some which you persuaded me
> > to abandon.
>
>This one stands out, not just because it's currently under
>discussion. I actually can't think of anything else, except
>maybe I feel that like everybody else you overuse "le".

I have admitted that {le du'u} and others are not ideal, but
I can't quite bring myself to switching to {tu'o du'u} yet.
Too shocking a change from what I'm used to.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx