Subject: seljvajvo (was: word for "www")

From: Adam Raizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 02:38:15 +0200

la pycyn. cusku di'e

> This assumes that we can always disambiguate a tanru and that any
two
> right-thinking souls would do it the same way -- in context.
Unlikely.

It assumes that both speaker and listener know the disambiguation,
whether by looking it up in an unabridged dictionary or by guessing.
Most likely, in most cases it will be possible to guess with very high
accuracy. According to seljvajvo principles, there are only three
possible ways to disambiguate: symmetrically, asymmetrically, and
asymmetrically with implicit abstraction, and often only one is
plausible. There are potentially a few ways to disambiguate asymmetric
seljvajvo if the tertau of the veljvo has more than two places, but
even then most often only one is plausible.

I realize that seljvajvo reduce the metaphorical poeticness of lojban,
but there are enough metaphorically poetic languages out there, and I
know where to find them.

mu'o mi'e .adam.